Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Bergdorf Goodman Party Recap

The cake was intended to look like layers of fabric & lace. I used a local cake designer & she did an amazing job. The top tier was vanilla & the bottom chocolate. It tasted as good as it looked!
The invites were delivered in plain white envelopes sealed with vintage jewels adhered with white wax I found at Paper Source in Georgetown a few months back.
I made the banners & all the food labels using white card stock, craft scissors, textured silver paper from Michael's & black satin ribbon.

the hats were my favorite thing. I think Winonna Ryder inspired me with that film she did years back where she was a hat maker in NYC.




She had a great time & all the girls that came got really into the whole thing. The best quote came from a little girl trying to convince her team to put back some accessories. She rolled her eyes & said, "My mother says less is more." I love that kid!

 The windows that inspired it all. We framed photos of Bergdorf with the same textrual silver craft paper & taped them to the wall.

This moment was worth all the time & energy her father & I spent putting it together. She had a great time! Thank goodness Hudson's first birthday is not until November.

No comments:

Post a Comment